Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Spoiler

If you haven't seen the awards show and you don't want to spoil it for yourself, stop reading :-)

However, I'd like to share. I don't usually watch the show because I find it boring. The only way to watch it in my book involves Tivo. Then again, that's the only way to watch most things. And if I do watch, it's likely because I want to see something (e.g., a performance). This year, I wanted to see Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova perform music from the movie Once. And what did I forget to do? Tivo it. So when we got home two hours after it started, I raced to the TV to record it. And what did I find? The last few notes of their performance. Typical. Thank goodness for You Tube.



And then, they won!! Awesome. The acceptance speech was brief, and unfortunately Marketa was given the bum's rush when the music started playing just as she started speaking. But she lucked out...cuz Jon Stewart is a stand-up guy. He brought her back to give the speech of a lifetime. Very sweet. So if you want to hear both acceptance speeches, watch the whole three minutes.

0 comments: